Linking Restoration and Ecological Succession
This innovative book integrates practical information from restoration projects around the world with the latest developments in successional theory. It recognizes the critical roles of disturbance ecology, landscape ecology, ecological assembly, invasion biology, ecosystem health, and historical ecology in habitat restoration. It argues that restoration within a successional context will best utilize the lessons from each of these disciplines.
- Lawrence R. Walker, Joe Walker, Richard J. Hobbs
- Hardback | 188 pages
- 178 x 254 x 15.24mm | 1,360g
- Publication date
- 01 Mar 2007
- Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication City/Country
- New York, NY, United States
- Edition Statement
- 2007 ed.
- Illustrations note
- 15 Tables, black and white; XII, 188 p.
- Bestsellers rank